cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting an Error 401. What can I do?

I keep getting an Error 401. What can I do?

bkarlan
Explorer | Level 3

I am unable to use dropbox for sharing large files anylonger due to Error 401.  I'm also no longer to use my image file on dropbox for my email sig as it won't pull any longer and when i try to re-assign the pic to the email sig, I again get Error 401.

5 Replies 5

Re: Error 401

Mark
Super User II
Are you using the Public folder by any chance? If so its been depreciated.

You should read www.dropbox.com/help/16

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bkarlan
Explorer | Level 3
OK, I read the link that you provided and I don't understand what it's telling me. It sounds to me like dropboxes basic premise which is the ability to share files, no longer exists?

Mark
Super User II
It does exist, just not inside the folder called 'Public' anymore.

You need to do the links from another location via the one given already or www.dropbox.com/help/167

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bkarlan
Explorer | Level 3

I'm still not following you.  I never chose Public or Personal before.  I didn't even know it existed.  I just put the files in the main folder unless I specifically created a subfolder.  I don't see how this change affects me in the least.  I'm still not able to share files into whatever folder is the default so I don't think you're on to a solution for me.  Please correct me if I still don't understand.

Rich
Super User II

How did you create the link for the image in your email signature? Please, be specific, and if you can share the link, please do so.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    bkarlan Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?