Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I keep getting "please reinstall dropbox to fix all your syncing icons" even after a fresh reinstall

Explorer | Level 3

I keep getting "please reinstall dropbox to fix all your syncing icons" even after a fresh reinstall.  I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and have experienced this issue after multiple reinstalls, in the last one I used an uninstaller to clear registry keys and whatnot as well.

I have a 1TB+ Dropbox containing upwards of a million files, but that doesn't seem to be the key issue, as I get this message upon first opening the newly installed DB.  I want to use SmartSync as it's exacty what I need, but with this error I can't ever see if "online only" or "local" is selected.  The context menu option is where it should be, but there's never a little black check mark to the right of the selection option.  And that blue checkmark to the left of "local" could be the worst UI flub in history.

Note that I am not using selective sync as I understand SmartSync and Selective Sync don't play well together - I am simply defaulting everything to "Online Only" until I can get SelSync working with the icons that tell me which option is active for folders or files.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I keep getting "please reinstall dropbox to fix all your syncing icons" even after a f

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @CortezBri. Thanks for sharing the difficulties you faced with the Community!

May I have a screenshot of the The context menu option and the blue checkmark you are seeing please? 

Selective Sync and Smart Sync work very well together, normally. 

After I see what you see I will be able to advise accordingly. 

Thank you very much for your patience. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?