cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost some file changes. Any idea what might have happened?

I lost some file changes. Any idea what might have happened?

DK10
Explorer | Level 4

While attempting to save I got a dialog box stating that "Changes cannot be saved as InDesign can no longer access the 'path to the location on our network'

Place the file in the original location and try again.

The path to the original location was correct but it wouldn't allow the save. Tried a 'save as' to my desktop, but still no luck. Tried saving with a different name... nada.

Any ideas on what may have happened? Is it possible that someone on our team tried to open the file while I had it open and that corrupted it?

2 Replies 2

Re: Lost file changes

812rls
New member | Level 2

Try restoring an older version by logging into your online dropbox account and selecting the ... next to the file in questions, click version history, then restore an older version. If that works, then yes, your file somehow got corrupted but probbaly not from somoene else being in it while you were.   

Re: Lost file changes

DK10
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to put that in my back pocket for the next time it happens. As for this particular file, I had to close out with no chance of a save and then rebuild. No fun as it was a Chinese translation job, but thankfully only a couple of hours work.

Thanks again.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DK10 Explorer | Level 4
    812rls New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?