Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm experiencing a syncing issue; the folders I create on my desktop aren't updating online.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

my own variation of this problem is the my dropbox folders on my laptop's hardrive are NOT syncing with dropbox.com folders.    Any ideas why? what to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I'm experiencing a syncing issue; the folders I create on my desktop aren't updating online.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

thanks for quick response.  I checked all of the above and then noticed the "read only" button was checked.  So I un-checked it.  Now the folders are syncing again (green check marks on each folder again) so I am synced. Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: I'm experiencing a syncing issue; the folders I create on my desktop aren't updating online.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @e_, thanks for getting in touch on our Community! 

For starters, you may keep in mind that I’ve moved your post into a new conversation, as the behavior you’re receiving seems slightly different than the one described there. (Note: You can still access it here in case you need to refer back to it though)

When it comes to the issue you’re describing, it seems that the desktop application is busy syncing or indexing in the background while you’re creating your new folders. So long as our desktop app is linked to a network, your files should upload normally & you’ll be able to see them populating your Homepage once syncing has completed; you can also track progress on your system tray or menu bar

Moving forward, assuming that you’re running the latest stable version of the desktop application on your device (56.4.94) & it’s syncing correctly on your system tray/ menu bar, I’d suggest adjusting your bandwidth locally to sync a bit faster. 

Let me know of how these pointers work for you & I’ll follow-up with you asap. Thanks again!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

thanks for quick response.  I checked all of the above and then noticed the "read only" button was checked.  So I un-checked it.  Now the folders are syncing again (green check marks on each folder again) so I am synced. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Oh, glad to hear that you managed to solve that so fast & thanks a lot for reaching back out to me here to update our conversation with the progress you’ve made.

I’ve made sure to Accept your last reply as the Best Answer, since you mentioned that this has now been fixed for you with this quick trick. This way, other users experiencing the same behavior will find your post easily. 

I appreciate your contribution & it’ll be a pleasure to check back with you in the future in case you have any questions or you’d like to share your thoughts. Wishing you a lovely weekend ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    e_ New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?