cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting a 500 error and having trouble with my apps

I'm getting a 500 error and having trouble with my apps

StephanieBaughm
New member | Level 2

I keep getting error 500. I can't get on the dropbox of the computer and the app on the ipad isn't letting me watch my videos.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is this up?

Mark
Super User II
Dropbox was down earlier for about 22 minutes.

Information relating to this are available at http://status.dropbox.com

If you are still having issues please force reboot any mobile devices and restart the client on computers. If that still does not work please start a new thread here or contact support.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Sync stopped from one laptop

MajedBinHadher
New member | Level 2
The synchronization process suddenly stopped from one computer since Jun. however , it is still working from my iPhone and from my other lap top.

dropbox for chrome

Tony74
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox for Chrome has stopped working Error 500

This is my first foray into Dropbox and it looks like my last unless anyone can help

Any ideas?

Re: dropbox for chrome

roni_berna
New member | Level 2

Mine too. I tried opera browser too and am still getting the error. Was watching a video after which it stopped and I couldn't access the file then.

Help

StephanieBaughm
New member | Level 2

I was working on a project and keep getting an error 500. I also need to upgrade my account, but I can't seem to get in to any of your site except right here in the forum. Thanks.

PC App not working

robovbolton
Explorer | Level 3

I dont seem to be able to use dropbox both via app it just says "connecting" and also the web app does not appear to be working either.

Error (500) Something went wrong.

mandysibs
New member | Level 2

error 500 something went wrong when uploading files

robovbolton
Explorer | Level 3
same here.... think somethings wrong...

Re: Error (500) Something went wrong.

kaoboy91
New member | Level 2

Running into the same issue as well. Started yesterday and is worse today. I was able to get temporary access to Dropbox.com through Chrome on my PC momentarily about 10 minutes ago to upload about 18 of 35 pictures until they failed. Tried using the application on my Android as well and am also experiencing the same issue. 

jaboston
New member | Level 2

same 

Error (500)

Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropboxers have been notified. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    jvl30 New member | Level 2
    captbirdseye Helpful | Level 6
    robovbolton Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?