cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I'm getting Error 2 when installing on Windows 10

Explorer | Level 3

Are you going to solve the problem? Or will you continue to give the same stupid recommendations that do nothing to help? Many people write to you about different questions about this problem with error 2, you give the same recommendations, and I did not find a single answer that your recommendations helped someone. People, they will not help you here, you can disperse!

Highlighted

Re: installation error 2 - win 7

Explorer | Level 3

я это сделал! все! : sob:

не работает

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

We understand that this is not the type of experience that we want you to have with the desktop app.

The Error 2 message is a Windows installer error sent by the OS and not by the Dropbox desktop application. Due to this, we don’t have full visibility to the specific issues occurring under these types of errors. As OS issues may be involved, we can't ensure the stability of the Dropbox desktop application.

The steps previously provided generally resolved the issue for the majority of users, however, in your case it didn’t fix it. I'd suggest trying to install the app on a different computer, if one is available, to see if this narrows down the issue to a rare condition on that one computer.

Again, Error 2 is not something that we can currently control and it's an error that any application could display during installation.

Having said that, I'd like you to know that we logged this issue with our engineering team in the past. They're constantly evaluating the problem and making progress towards a solution.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I had Dropbox installed on 3 computers and worked great until the release of your latest updates. At some point, it stopped working on one computer (it works on the others as before). Reinstall the application does not work. And this is the problem in the latest versions. I install earlier versions and they install perfectly without errors, but they don’t work, because Your service does not work with the old version of the client.
I posted the installation logs for you.
It is clear that this is an operating system error, but the problem is with its incorrect use. All applications run on the operating system, and so you can talk about any errors in the applications. You have released an update that is not compatible with some versions of the OS.

Highlighted

app quit working properly

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

couldn't find this subject exactly but dropbox has been working fine a long time and only recently I've noticed a problem

dropbox works fine from windows explorer and the app worked fine until recently - the app will not boot anything - tried installing the app again and get a error 2 message which means nothing to me 

any idea how to get this problem fixed?

would be appreciated

Highlighted

Re: app quit working properly

Explorer | Level 3

Daphne, I checked out Sanchez's post above , but i have a probleme ERROR2! please help me/us!

Highlighted

Re: app quit working properly

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here!

Have you had the chance to check out the steps Sanchez outlined here @kingphisch to see if any of those steps do the trick?

I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists for you @romanvrbel.

The error message is sent by the OS rather than the desktop app as it's a Windows installer error. This means that we don't have the full visibility into the issue occurring under these types of errors.

The steps that we suggested previously generally resolved this issue for the majority of users. To try and narrow down the issue to a rare condition of this on your computer, I'd suggest trying to install the app on another computer.

Unfortunately, the "Error 2" message is not something that we can control and is an error that could display during the installation of any application.

I'd like to assure you that we've logged the issue with our engineering team in the past and they're always evaluating this issue and are making progress towards a solution.

We'll make sure to keep this thread updated if we have any updates on the matter. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Error code 2

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello. I have a problem with instalation dropbox on pc. Error code 2. And doesnt matter full or base installer. I read forums, but this didnt help me, its first time then i install dropbox on this pc. What can i do? System Windows 10 x64

Highlighted

The installer has encountered error 2.

Explorer | Level 4

Just as the title says.

Searched for a solution "2" is too vague of an error code and found nothing sensible.

I already deleted stuff from appdata.

Highlighted

Installation error 2

Explorer | Level 3

Everytime I try to install dropbox with the installer (on- and offline) it downloads and then tries to install the content but ends up saying that it failed because of error 2. I tried every possible described way to fix this error 2 but not a single one worked, please help

Greetings,

Jasper

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?