cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting an error Error: 0x80004002 when trying to install the app, any fix for this?

I'm getting an error Error: 0x80004002 when trying to install the app, any fix for this?

Geniega
New member | Level 2

I am trying to install the Dropbox App on my laptop but I keep getting this Error: 0x80004002. Any fix for this?

2 Replies 2

Re: Installation

Geniega
New member | Level 2

So, I also tried the offline installation. It says thank you for installing but it is not on my computer, only the shortcut is there. Tried to ask for help but got the bot and it was NO help.

Re: Installation

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @Geniega, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

The error that you mentioned would be an error directly from your OS rather than Dropbox. I would suggest making sure your device is up to date with any OS updates.

You can also do a quick web search for the error message specifically to find some fixes for this if updating your system doesn't do the trick.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?