cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting an error when trying to reinstall my desktop app

I'm getting an error when trying to reinstall my desktop app

mpalassou
Explorer | Level 3

Recentally had my business computer wiped along with the our dropbox files. Once I received the computer back I proceeded to download dropbox again. Installation finished and then I received an error message. "Windows requires a digitally signed driver. A recentally installed program tried to install an unsigned driver... Uninstall the program or device that uses this driver and check the publisher's support website to get a digitally signed driver." The driver is: Dropbox Filter Driver

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Digitally Signed Driver

Walter
Dropboxer

As a matter of fact, yes, it could be the reason you're seeing this error message - have you checked with your company's IT department or the system's admin directly?

Any information you think might help our investigation will be much appreciated too. 

PS: As per the error you get when trying to attach a screenshot in your reply, could you try another browser or go with the shared link's route I mentioned in my previous response? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @mpalassou - sorry to hear about this. 

Could you send me a screenshot of the exact error message you get so I can have a better view of the matter at hand?

In the meantime, please perform a clean, advanced re-install (preferably using our offline installer) to attempt and fix this.

In any case, please keep me posted!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mpalassou
Explorer | Level 3

I'm still receiving the same error after reinstalling. Dropbox won't accept the screen shot I took to show you the error.

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @mpalassou - could you try sharing a link to the screenshot instead?  

While we're at it, could you check for any pending updates on your computer? 

Also, here's how to attach a screenshot in your next reply (if you haven't tried so far): 

Attach image.png

Walter
dropbox.com/support

mpalassou
Explorer | Level 3

When I try to share a photo is states "An unexpected Error has occurred."

Checked my system for updates. This is a company computer and all updates are managed by the system administrator. Could this also be why I can't download dropbox?

Walter
Dropboxer

As a matter of fact, yes, it could be the reason you're seeing this error message - have you checked with your company's IT department or the system's admin directly?

Any information you think might help our investigation will be much appreciated too. 

PS: As per the error you get when trying to attach a screenshot in your reply, could you try another browser or go with the shared link's route I mentioned in my previous response? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

mpalassou
Explorer | Level 3

Capture.PNG

Walter
Dropboxer

I've reached out via email through your existing ticket so we can work on this together @mpalassou.

In the meantime, you could try disabling Windows' signed driver utility to test things out but I wouldn't recommend it without your IT department's input. 

Thanks for your patience and cooperation on this one so far!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    mpalassou Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?