cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting to the device limit when trying to login to my account

I'm getting to the device limit when trying to login to my account

Omgomgomg
New member | Level 2

Hi there,
Wow its difficult to get hold or contact you guys.
I have used dropbox for a while now and recently got a new phone. While trying to sign in, dropbox give me the message that i need to subscribe to Plus to add my new phone, as i can only link 3 devices. This is frustrating as f*** as i dont have 3 devices linked, only 2. when i try to unlink devices it says i need to unlink at least 2 devices, and there is only 2 devices visible, my current phone and computer. I cannot select my computer so there is only 1 device which i can unlink, which again is frustrating as f*** as dropbox keep saying i have to select 2 devices to unlink, when only 1 of the 2 devices is selectable.
Whats going on and why is it so difficult to use your app all of a sudden?
Thanks
Mark

3 Replies 3

Install on third devise

Tippi
Explorer | Level 3
I can't install Dropbox on my new phone. I have uninstalled it from my previous but still have it on my computer and I-pad. Too many says Dropbox! Please give me an advise.
Tippi

Re: Install on third devise

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Tippi,

Seems you have some device link still alive in your account for some reason (probably forgotten old device or something like). Anyway...

When you try add a new machine and you have touched already the limit, a prompt will invite you select which one (connected till now) to remove. So, you can select the machine not supposed to be connected. This is the simplest way, I think. Also, you can remove all machines, not supposed to be connected, from here in advance; touch on the trash icon next to the corresponding device name.

Hope this helps.

Re: I'm getting to the device limit when trying to login to my account

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Omgomgomg, thanks for messaging the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you try checking the device page online to see if there are any other devices visible there, and if need be, remove any unneeded ones from being connected to your account.

What type of phone are you trying to use the Dropbox mobile app on? What version of the OS is it running?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?