cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having a syncing issue where my sync's progress bar is stuck. Can you help?

I'm having a syncing issue where my sync's progress bar is stuck. Can you help?

Helpiespls
New member | Level 2

Hi. I’ve been a paid Dropbox member for many years. I have only recently started having the issue where my files say they are syncing but no progress is made. I have contacted support multiple times over the past few days, scoured the community boards and help pages and I cannot resolve this issue. I’ve tried restarting my computer, the Dropbox app, uninstalling the DB app, reinstalling. I’ve tried compressing my stuck file and uploading that instead. I’ve looked into making sure everything is a-ok on the WiFi connection, no firewall or anything else hindering it. Nothing has changed on my end to make it so that Dropbox wouldn’t be working. This is extremely frustrating as this is taking almost a week now and absolutely no progress. The funny thing is, it says it’s uploading at x kB/s but the progress bar is stuck and no progress has been made in days. It would be nice if Dropbox told us what percentage of the file is uploaded but I guess it doesn’t anymore. I am at my wits end here.

1 Reply 1

Re: Sync not working

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Helpiespls,

Could be something OS-specific, so would be helpful to be known what is your OS (at least). Can you describe in more details what exactly is going on: files aren't sync entirely or they are in sync, but something wrong is with status or... whatever else which better describe the situation. Would be helpful, if somebody have experience(d) same/similar situation to better direct you. :wink:

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?