cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having an issue with installing the desktop app as it keeps downloading the S mode. Any ideas?

I'm having an issue with installing the desktop app as it keeps downloading the S mode. Any ideas?

BB2019
Helpful | Level 5

I had to replace my harddrive so I'm reinstalling dropbox. It keeps downloading in S mode, although my Windows 10 is set for home, and I have never used S mode on this PC. Because of the S mode I can't get my files added to quick access menu etc...An ideas how to fix? I keep installing and uninstalling without any success.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I'm having an issue with installing the desktop app as it keeps downloading the S mode. Any idea

BB2019
Helpful | Level 5

Got it working. PC was set up to only download from the MS store...so I was constantly getting the S version. Once I tuned that off it downloaded normal and allowed me to add finish setting it up properly. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Re: I'm having an issue with installing the desktop app as it keeps downloading the S mode. Any idea

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @BB2019 - sorry to hear about this.

Can you please try our desktop app's offline installer directly and let me know if you're still having this issue?

You'll be able to find our most recent stable version of the app within the page I'm linking below - please give it a go and let me know the results!

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=76.4.126&plat=win&type=full

I hope this helps and please keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

BB2019
Helpful | Level 5

Got it working. PC was set up to only download from the MS store...so I was constantly getting the S version. Once I tuned that off it downloaded normal and allowed me to add finish setting it up properly. 

View solution in original post

Joe-A
New member | Level 2

Hi

I am having a similar issue

Dropbox will not install normally and keeps wanting to install the S mode version from microsoft store

When I go to turn of S mode my pc says "your device not running in S mode 

Have tried using Dropbox 76.4.126 without sucess  

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this @Joe-A

Can you please clarify if the device in question is on Windows 10 and using an ARM processor by any chance?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Joe-A
New member | Level 2

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you

Yes its a Surface pro X wth Windows 10 and using an ARM processor 

Walter
Dropboxer

I see - thanks for clearing this up for me Joe!

As these types of processors aren't supported to run our desktop application, you can alternatively use the Dropbox for S mode app or access your account via the website on your preferred web browsers. 

You can also upvote the relevant idea on the following thread (cross-linking below for reference): 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox/Dropbox-for-Win10-on-Snapdragon/idi-p/373438 

I hope this helps to some extent. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Joe-A
New member | Level 2

Thanks Walter for your insight to this poblem

Regards

Joe

tbar22
New member | Level 2

Interesting.... I'm not going to 'up-vote' something that is a basic necessity.  I'll just cancel my subscription since I can't save files to dropbox (also with a Surface Pro X ).   

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?