cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having an issue with resetting my password as I use a password manager. Any ideas?

I'm having an issue with resetting my password as I use a password manager. Any ideas?

hjb137
New member | Level 2

I have a password manager, Dashlane, that uses my current email address and a pasword to access dropbox. Once I'm in dropbox on my account page I see my email is listed as an old email no longer in service. When I try to update the email it requires a password. The system will not accept the same password as that used to log on. I looked up the password associated wirth the old email in my keychain (MAC). The system does not accept this password either. Consequently I cannot update the email on the dropbox account page. Suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Re: I'm having an issue with resetting my password as I use a password manager. Any ideas?

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @hjb137, thanks for joining the Community!

Is it possible that you’ve changed your password in the past? Does Dashlane allow you to view your previous passwords used like with other password managers?

If not, then the only other method to reset your password is via the reset page, however, you’ll need access to your email address in order to finish the reset.

Currently, aside from the above process and the account tab, there isn’t another method to reset the password.

Hope this helps to clarify matters. If you require any further information, feel free to let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?