cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having an issue with the re-Capthca when I'm trying to sign in & out between accounts.

I'm having an issue with the re-Capthca when I'm trying to sign in & out between accounts.

Corey Y.
New member | Level 1

Guys:

We have a business/enterprise account with 15-ish members. I am frequently signing in and out of them and always get the super annoying captcha just to sign in. The first set of words that it requires are so illegible that I have never gotten them correct. The second set of words is do-able.

But even so, the whole idea of forcing me to enter the captcha is almost too much to deal. How can I avoid this?

-Corey

5 Replies 5

Re: Captcha is dreadfully annoying

Norton P.
New member | Level 1

For me CAPTCHA is so hard! I need more than 5 attempts to find out the correct answer. And I need do this many times a day! Please, adopt the new Google's CAPTCHA where is presented images to recognize. Thanks.

ebakoh85
Explorer | Level 4

I also agree with the original post. While I am familiar that the Google Captcha provides an additional measure of security, I think the completing the Google Captcha is time consuming. For example, I just went through six different types of Google Gaptchs: "Click photos with a sign," "Click photos with a store front," "Click photos with a bus," etc. I have 2-step authentication enabled on my account so after completing the Google Captcha, I need to enter a code. I feel that the latter (i.e., entering a code sent via text message to my cellular phone) would be a sufficient additional layer of security on top of authenticating via username and password. I'm a graduate student, and like others have mentioned in this post, log in and out of Dropbox from different computers (e.g., library computer, laboratory computer, personal computer, etc.).

SubAtomia
Helpful | Level 5

It's also utterly useless. I traveling overseas at the moment and half the times I've needed Dropbox I haven't been able to get past the re Captcha. I must have spent 5 minutes each time and finally gave up. 

Whats utterly incredible is today I needed to sign in. First re Captcha went nowhere and I gave up after one try. Then I had to sign into the Forum. Got a reCaptcha. As I assumed I this would be another fail, I hastily clicked the car boxes, missed one for sure, that one may have been in multiple boxes. Boom, with the first screen completed incorrectly, I got right in. 

Dear Dropbox,

Get rid of this nonsense. If you want to make sure it's us, use what the banks use, email or SMS 2-step verification. Captcha was dumb, reCaptcha is dumb, Google makes them more difficult to read and yet the bots get right through and human account owners cannot. Do you see a message here? What your trying to accomplish is exactly the opposite of what you have accomplished. Google knows reCaptcha is the same fail as Captcha. Please get rid of it. 

Another fail in your "security" are VPN addresses. I have a VPN that most sites will not allow access of the IP. It's a well known pirating VPN and aside from P2P sites it's pretty useless. Yet low and behold, you folks let me right in with it. Oh boy, have we got some "security" in place!

SubAtomia
Helpful | Level 5

Oops, a 2 year old thread. Well, good to know Dropbox has done absolutely nothing in the 2 year period. reCaptcha is still a problem, reCaptcha is still utterly useless in providing any meaningful security. Dropbox still uses reCaptcha. 

Skyco
New member | Level 2

After 13 successful reCaptha entires by me it decided to lock me out of my account.  Maybe I went too fast, but it is annoying as hell.  There has to be a better way to verify I am human.  I'd rather my PC took my blood.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Skyco New member | Level 2
    SubAtomia Helpful | Level 5
    ebakoh85 Explorer | Level 4
    Norton P. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?