cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having issues with Smart Sync and downloading

I'm having issues with Smart Sync and downloading

carolinafreshmadebrands
New member | Level 2

Every time I turn off dropbox app and restart, all my files sync back to my computer as local files. They do not stay as "online only." I have played with all the preferences, but am I missing something? I now have 6,000 files constantly coming back onto my computer as "local" and then i have to go in and manually sync them back. Then, when I upload something and want to make it "online only" to get it off my computer, it doesn't allow me to make them "online only"

3 Replies 3

Re: Sync Issues

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @carolinafreshmadebrands, thanks for checking in with us. 

If you find that your files are being unexpectedly downloaded on your desktop app, it generally means that another third party app on your computer is triggering this. 

You'll find more info and how to tackle this in this article

Have a look through and let me know of any updates, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

carolinafreshmadebrands
New member | Level 2

How do i find out which programs are doing that? on windows

Lusil
Dropboxer
You'll find out by quitting apps running on your computer one by one. When you see the issue resolved, the last application you quit is likely the cause of the issue.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?