cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having trouble merging Excel files on my iPad, any help?

I'm having trouble merging Excel files on my iPad, any help?

Popsrrk
Explorer | Level 3

I am having trouble merging an Excel file amongst my various devices.  When on computer it is ok, but when on iPad it says it can't merge with what others have done.  ????

3 Replies 3

Re: Sync and upload

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello @Popsrrk, I hope you're well today!

If you haven't already, can you do a quick restart of your device? This will help clear out the app's cache, which might be interfering.

If you're still getting the same error after trying that, please send along a screenshot (excluding personal info) of the error message as the visual is always helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Popsrrk
Explorer | Level 3

Daphne, 

The message in Excel says it can not upload to Dropbox because of changes made by others.  It does upload when I'm on my Mac computer but will not when using my iPhone or iPad Pro.  Makes it very difficult to work with.

Thnak you,

Bobby Keith

Daphne
Dropboxer

Can you let me know exactly what steps you're taking when you get this error message @Popsrrk?

When you initially open the file, are you opening it directly from Dropbox, or from within the Excel app?

Also, please send a screeshot of that error. There might be something additional in the dialogue that would be useful to know.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?