cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having trouble updating my desktop app

I'm having trouble updating my desktop app

AlejandroMoran
New member | Level 2

Hi:

I'm running version 8.4.21 on Windows 7. A message of "update needed" (only 16 days left :cry:) appeared, clicked on "update dropbox" and version 16.4.30 tried to get installed.

But did not get it. Common installer did not work. Offline installer did not work: it showed "error 2" in the installation tool.

Help before 16 days would be much appreciated!!! 🙂

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Desktop app update issue

AlejandroMoran
New member | Level 2

Hi:

Finally, I had to uninstall dropbox (meaning everything is being synced again :sob: :-S), uninstall antivirus, install dropbox again and install antivirus again (which is MCafee, by the way).

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mihin
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem, although I dont get any error message, the installer simply don't start. I've tried running the offline installer with admin privilegies but it has no effect. The Dopbox Installer shows for a second in Task Manager and then dissapears.

Tried to uninstall old Dropbox but it did not help, only now I'm completly without Dropbox.

Best regards,

Mike

Mihin
New member | Level 2

OK, stupid me.

I found the problem.

I'm using Boxifier and somehow the settings has changed to block Dropbox updates. If you're using Boxifier, please check the settings.

Best regards,

Mike

Kora
Dropboxer
Hi Alejandro,

From the error you get I understand that the issue may be related to an incomplete file created in the Program Files folder path location, or to a problem with the PATH environment variable.

Cases like these need to be solved via email because they need a more personalized approach.
So you will be hearing from me soon enough!

Kora 😉

AlejandroMoran
New member | Level 2

Hi:

Finally, I had to uninstall dropbox (meaning everything is being synced again :sob: :-S), uninstall antivirus, install dropbox again and install antivirus again (which is MCafee, by the way).

Thanks for your help.

Toni_P
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the tip!  I had the same problem.  I removed the check box on Boxifier that blocked DropBox Updates and now it works.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Toni_P Explorer | Level 4
    AlejandroMoran New member | Level 2
    Kora Dropboxer
    Mihin New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?