cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: "Failed to create Opengl context"...

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Balrog123, thanks for your update!

I can see that since your last update, my colleague has replied back to you. Please just check your inbox for their message when you have the chance.

I appreciate you taking the time to come back here to keep us in the loop, so please don't hesitate to drop a post to us here.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

The same **bleep** happens all the time............... Dropbox version 88. and 89. did not fixed the problem. The window with "Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat..." is appearing, then the program is closing, restaring and so on and so on. 
I have the newest version of graphic card drivers, and everything is up to date.

Previous tricks with changing QT value to software, and other ones did not work.

HELLO DROPBOX, ARE YOU THERE??????

I hope you wont ask me if i have the newest version of *something*.

I hope you eventually fix the problem...

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @piotr555, thanks for joining us here!

So we can do some further investigating to see if we can get to the bottom of this, I've reached out to your email address linked with your profile.

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my message and we can go from there if you'd like to.

Thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Daphne, I just sent to your support the diagnostic files (Direct and performed the steps suggested by your engineering and been waiting for a feedback. 

Meanwhile I have found this workaround: as reported, after my Windows login, the Dropbox tray icon is not operative, but in the background, files are transferred and updated in my Dropbox account.  Using Task Manager, I have terminated all Dropbox (32 bit) running process. The Dropbox tray icon vanished, then I restarted Dropbox: the Dropbox tray icon is available and by clicking on it, everything is running troublefree (until the next Windows login of course!)

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for sharing your workaround with us @Balrog123!

I'm sure this will be helpful for others who are still having issues with this error. I appreciate you taking the time to keep up all in the loop here.

Keep me posted with any questions or updates peeps!

Daphne

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Just touching base as requested.  Still getting warning messages, yet DB still working fine.  I am keeping up to date, now using 89.4.278.  I seemed to notice a while ago that I have been using 32 bit software, though my PC is 64 bit.  I have no idea if that is pertinent to the situation, but I am certainly not going to pursue any "correction" for, as mentioned before, Dropbox is working flawlessly, except for the pesky daily pop-up.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

THIS IS AN ANNOYING ERROR!! i have reinstall all drivers and dropbox! always showing this error!!!

Sin título.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @rafariva, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble still after trying those steps!

I'd be happy to look into this further with you, so I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here.

If you'd like to, please check your inbox when you have the chance and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi guys!!

Please help, i have a lenovo p50 with quadro m2000m graphic card and I can't solve this issue.

here is the message:

Capture.JPG

I've uninstalled videocard drivers, installed last available version from nvidia site, updated displaylink, updated windows and dropbox to version 93.3.269.

what can i do next?

thanks.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @tralalala, I'd be happy to look into this further with you!

I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here.

If you'd like to, please check our inbox when you have the chance and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Daphne

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?