Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: "Failed to create Opengl context"...

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Perfect @TommyWong, happy to hear it’s been sorted for you now when you updated your drivers & thanks a lot for updating the thread with the progress! 🤹‍♀️ Have a wonderful rest of your day ahead!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Re: Cannot sign in to Dropbox 79.4.143 on Windows 10 1809

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I don't use Drop Box at all, why should I hassle myself trying to fix this something that I installed a update for, now this error [profanity removed by moderation according to the Community Guidelinesstarted, causing a problem I don't use? What happens if I take it out of this computer all together. It came with and was installed on my newest computer, to which I never even finished filling out.

Highlighted

Re: Cannot sign in to Dropbox 79.4.143 on Windows 10 1809

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @3brzstarvet, I understand that this may be frustrating to you at the moment, though I’d like to ask you to keep the discussion civil. For that reason, I slightly modified your post according to our Community Guidelines (which you can review at your convenience).

Following-up from your inquiry however, if you’d like to remove the Dropbox desktop application from your device, you should be able to do so following the steps outlined here. If you’re unable to get going with that or you get stuck in any way, feel free to touch-base with me here & I’ll do my best to further guide you on that. Thanks! 

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Re: I'm seeing an error message "Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurFaceFormat"

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem. What was the resolution

@amigan wrote:

I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Build to 1809 after which dropbox started to crash with error "Failed to create  OpenGL context for format QSurFaceFormat". I uninstalled dropbox and reinstalled it several times but always get a blank screen. When I uninstalled the graphics driver, I was able to see the login screen. When I reisntalled a fresh driver, I have the same issue again.

to this? 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

@TommyWong wrote: After reboot, the dropbox no longer shows the concerned message

My error message has stopped and returned several times as I've tried various fixes. Can you access the settings via the taskbar icon? I can't.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey peeps!

@johnjaylyons, have you had the chance to try the steps mentioned previously by Jane here

I've passed along your comments here to your open ticket @Dan R.33, to keep the agent handling your case in the loop. Keeping all the relevant info in one place will help with troubleshooting the matter more efficiently.

I hope this helps - thanks!

Daphne

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have exactly the same issue and error message on my Lenovo ThinkPad Carbon laptop, and have updated drivers with no solution yet. I would like to see a response posted here. THANKS

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @dnuffer,

To do some further investigation into this, I've reached out to your email address associated with your Community profile. Please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we can go from there, if you'd like to of course.

Thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I continue to see this message despite updating graphic drives. Absolute horrible code. Installed graphic drive is opengl 4.4 but this needs 2.0 or higher. I have not had any luck after about a week. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Redfish5,

Thanks for the info you provided there! To do some further investigation and troubleshooting with you, I've reached out to the email address associated with your Community profile. This will allow us to look into some account and device specific info, so please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?