cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm stuck at syncing and I'm using Boxifier as well. Do you have any ideas? #2

I'm stuck at syncing and I'm using Boxifier as well. Do you have any ideas? #2

John1948
Helpful | Level 6

This is referencing a previous and similar shout for help in December.

System W10 / Dropbox 99.4.501 / Boxifier 1.9.9

For years now DB (Dropbox) and BX (Boxifier) have 99.9% worked silently and perfectly in the background on my PC. I have 11 "Root" folders across three drives whose permissions etc have not changed for years. However one has stuck/stopped synchronising for several days now.

Using both DB and BX help advice I cannot find a solution. On startup I see that indexing runs and appear normal. Indeed I can put a Test File in any one of the working folders and it synchronises. My main All Data folder which contains my normal day to day folders and files (Word. Excel etc) has just stopped synchronising.

Following different Helps I have turned Selective Folders off and on (DB) and similarly Removed/Added the root folder from the BX Dropbox folder as per various help solutions. 

I see (the always helpful) Razvan from Boxifier has acknowledged an issue in Nov/Dec and I assume that a fix has resolved the issue. Is this a new problem? The problem with Dropbox and their published fixes (for unstated versions) takes a user via Preferences > Account > ??? and the promised "Fix Hardlinks" (+space bar etc) doesn't appear. Is this as a result of DB updates etc? Also "View Sync Issues" shows nothing.

So I'm now stuck! Ideas anyone please?

Keep safe everyone!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I'm stuck at syncing and I'm using Boxifier as well. Do you have any ideas? #2

John1948
Helpful | Level 6

This problem has been fixed with superb support from Boxifier (Razvan). Someone from Dropbox will have to decide on how to explain how best to word the Fix for end users since it falls (I understand) more in the Dropbox camp than Boxifier. It may occur to non-Boxifier users too.

I am relieved the problem's resolved! :grinning: :champagne:

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Re: I'm stuck at syncing and I'm using Boxifier as well. Do you have any ideas? #2

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @John1948; thanks for posting on our Community and happy Monday!

Can you please send me a screenshot of the desktop app's exact status as shown within your computer's system tray so I can have a better look into this?

As for the 'Fix Hardlinks' and 'Fix Permissions' buttons, you'll need to hold 'Alt+H' for them to show up under the account tab within the app's preferences; can you give it a go and let me know if it works for you now?

Keep me posted anyhow! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Razvan Boxifier
Collaborator | Level 10
Hello John,

Sorry to hear about the issues. Could you please e-mail me directly at razvan at boxifier dot com? I would love to help. (I know the forum rules here don’t allow e-mail addresses to be posted, but I hope moderators don’t edit out my e-mail address since I just want to help and the OP mentioned the third-party product directly by name. John, in case it gets edited out please form the address by using my first name and the product name dot com).

Thanks,
Razvan from Boxifier

John1948
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks Walter. I tried to find a way on your system to privately correspond with you to send the screen clips etc and fell into the (other) department of your company that handles problems! It's "Violet" who's running with the ticket. I did explain and asked her to include you but for privacy and security reasons she's not allowed to include anyone else on the ticket. Her latest communication indicates that the problem may be raised to the next level of support. So it's over to you and her to correspond if you're wanting to know how this is developing! I have also been including Razvan from Boxifier in case it's an issue that lies at his end. I will post the outcome of all this when eventually it gets resolved.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for your update here @John1948!

Would you mind just letting us know the ticket number (eg. #1234567) for the case you have open with our Support team so we can have a look at this from our side and pass along your comments from here too?

Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

John1948
Helpful | Level 6

This problem has been fixed with superb support from Boxifier (Razvan). Someone from Dropbox will have to decide on how to explain how best to word the Fix for end users since it falls (I understand) more in the Dropbox camp than Boxifier. It may occur to non-Boxifier users too.

I am relieved the problem's resolved! :grinning: :champagne:

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

John1948 Helpful | Level 6
    Daphne Dropboxer
    Razvan Boxifier Collaborator | Level 10
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?