cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to access my desktop app but my system won't run it

I'm trying to access my desktop app but my system won't run it

mluther2001
Helpful | Level 5

Hello Dropbox Community,

I mistakenly deleted my Dropbox App and cant seem to reinstal it. I am running on Mac OS Catalina (Public Beta). I re-downloaded the app and cant seem to re-install it. Its gives me the alert that dropbox cant install as the MacOS cant check virus. 

See the atached screenshot of the alert I am receiving. Because of this problem Dropbox in my MacBook Air is not updating files and syncing with other devices. 09B7B7A4-2A93-40E9-8F66-4735B5DD055F.jpeg

Please help.

Martin 

6 Replies 6

Re: Dropbox App

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @mluther2001,

Initially, please note that the OS you're running isn't currently a fully tested or supported environment for the desktop app

Nonetheless, I'd recommend ensuring that you're running the current stable version of the desktop app (77.4.131) and see if that does the trick. 

Please remember that a beta version can be recognized by xx.3.xx (instead of a xx.4.xx) - so if you're on a beta build, it means that you've opted in to Early Releases in your settings via the website. 

In any case, let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mluther2001
Helpful | Level 5

@Lusil thanks for your reply. 

I have downloaded the app via the link you sent. Unfortunately its given me the same feeback. Here's a screenshot. 

F666E2B3-C22D-48F0-9DB0-D2643FA49B99.jpeg

Is there's a way of getting the most current app? 

Lusil
Dropboxer

The current stable version of the desktop app is 77.4.131 but, for future reference, you can download the latest version of the app by clicking here:

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading

However, I did wanted to mention that, as an additional troubleshooting step, you could also try to disable your antivirus or security program, as well as to ensure that your firewall is configured to work with Dropbox - maybe a third party app is hindering or blocking the installation process. 

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @mluther2001 - how are you today?

I'm sorry to butt in here - I just wanted to let you know that - even though it's not officially supported yet- some users reported that they were able to install and run the desktop application normally on their MacOS Catalina (10.15) using the most recent beta build found here: https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=78.3.112&plat=mac&type=full

I'm cross-linking the relevant thread for visibility: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installs-integrations/Syncing-Does-Not-Work-Automatically-on-macOS-1...

I hope this helps to certain extent but keep in mind that YMMV (almost always true for beta testing). 

Let us know the results if you don't mind!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

mluther2001
Helpful | Level 5

@Walter Thank you for your feddback and suggestion. I have downloaded the Dropbox app drive a number of times now and it keeps giving me the same note that the installer cant be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. 

I tried to download another third party application and it gave me the same feedback. I guess for my Mac the problem is with MacOS Catalina beta version (10.15). 

Do you know how I can go back to MacOS Mojave (10.14.5) current fuller version? I cant do without dropbox for my daily work. 

Thank you and looking forward to reading from you. 

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear this persists @mluther2001 - it was worth a shot though - right?

As for downgrading from Catalina to Mojave, I'm afraid I can't help much but I believe a web search will yield a few results from official sources (like Apple's Support Community etc.).

Keep us posted!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    mluther2001 Helpful | Level 5
    Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?