cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to link a mobile, but getting told that I've reached my limit despite unlinking devices.

I'm trying to link a mobile, but getting told that I've reached my limit despite unlinking devices.

memonji
New member | Level 2

I am trying to link a new mobile with my account but it tells me that I have reached my limit of devices and I have to de link some of the devices. I already de link like 6 devices but I am still getting the same message and  still can not link my mobile. Any help will be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Re: I am trying to link a new mobile.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @memonji, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this!

Can you let me know if you've checked your connected devices from your account's security page online? If you unlinked the devices from the mobile app, perhaps it's not correctly showing all linked devices.

As the device limit for a free Basic account is 3, you'll need to unlink all but 2 devices to be able to add a new one to your account.

Let me know what you find there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?