cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I miss Carousel!

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I had no problems at all with Carousel but now it's discontinued! So now when I need to upload my pictures into Dropbox, it keeps pausing. I have to stay on it constantly to keep it going. If I have a lot of pictures, it's too time consuming to stay after it. Why did you guys discontinue it?? It was a wonderful app!

19 Replies 19
Highlighted

Re: I miss Carousel!

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I miss it too!!  It was quicker and I Loved that it freed up space by deleting previously uploaded pics!!!

Highlighted

Carousel

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Any chance Carousel of being brought back as an option? This is one of the biggest reasons I chose this as a storage 'cloud' for my pix!!

Highlighted

Re: Carousel

Experienced Collaborator | Level 11

Any chance Carousel of being brought back as an option?

Sorry, no. Carousel won't be coming back.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

It was the best thing to every happen to my iphone. I can't believe they discontinued it it makes no sense. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

How about at least bringing some of the Carousel functionality into the normal Dropbox App? such as deleting already synced files? That was AWESOME in Carousel. Because otherwise you constantly keep running out of space. And deleting stuff manually just seems so dangerous.

Also the upload in the Dropbox app stops prematurely compared to carousel that would upload quicker and didn't pause like three seconds after you closed the app.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

How about at least bringing some of the Carousel functionality into the normal Dropbox App? 

That's the plan, though they've not released a time frame on when that will happen (and they never do).

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Is there anyway to get my photos and videos back from carousel now? I have seemed to have missed the window. If anyone knows a way please let me know.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Carousel was just a different way of viewing your files that are stored at www.dropbox.com/home 

So, to get them just go there and navigate to the folders they are in.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Me too! I did a lot of videoing at a Hen Do, then 2 weddings. Over a month later it's still uploading. Until it's finished uploading everything I can't free up any space in my photo roll. Carousel was brilliant in that it knew what had been uploaded already & so you could delete those. It was SO shortsighted of them to duscintinue something so useful. It makes no sense.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?