cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need 2 Dropbox accounts, but I'm not sure which account is syncing with the desktop app. Any help?

I need 2 Dropbox accounts, but I'm not sure which account is syncing with the desktop app. Any help?

katieh308
New member | Level 2

Last week I signed up for a personal dropbox.

I also work for a non-profit foundation which wants to share some files with me.

How do I set up a second dropbox?

I don't want my personal files mixed with the foundation files.

I tried setting it up again with a second email address, but it started to download a second time and ended with error message 2.

Now I'm not sure if the dropbox that opens is the personal or the foundation one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Kate

2 Replies 2

Re: 2 drop boxes needed

Rich
Super User II

While you can have more than one account, you can't sync more than one account to your computer unless one of those accounts is a Dropbox Business account. If both of your accounts are Basic, Plus or Professional accounts, you can sync one to your computer and you'll need to use the Dropbox website for the other.

Now I'm not sure if the dropbox that opens is the personal or the foundation one.

Go into Dropbox Preferences and check the email address for the account that's currently linked to your computer.

Re: 2 drop boxes needed

Katieh30818
New member | Level 2

Hi, Rich,

Thanks for your quick reply.  Sorry mine was not faster.

Your link was useful, however when I log into dropbox.com, my personal account opens automatically.

My work account is not listed.

I don't see a way to log into my work account.

Kate

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?