cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I pressed ‘off line’ on a file and I can’t get it back ‘on line’ please help.

I pressed ‘off line’ on a file and I can’t get it back ‘on line’ please help.

Explorer | Level 3
I had a file on Dropbox but when I tried to put it on an application form it wasn’t there and I accidentally put it ‘off line’ and I don’t know how to get it back online.
3 Replies 3

Re: I pressed ‘off line’ on a file and I can’t get it back ‘on line’ please help.

Dropboxer
Hey Lizzie (@Lizziebuff12), it’s my understanding that you haven’t been able to access a file you’ve stored in your Dropbox account (i.e. from within a third-party application), is that right? If so, then could you please clarify how you’ve set it to Offline (eg. have you set it for Offline viewing on your phone perchance)? From there, how is the third party application connected to your Dropbox account (i.e. have you connected the two apps on your account online :spider web:️/ on your phone )

I’d appreciate it if you could include a step-by-step description, as well as a screenshot of the last screen you’re seeing when you’re facing this issue (omitting personal info), so as to better determine what's happening. Once I have these details, I’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more depth. Thanks in advance for your time & efforts Lizzie!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: I pressed ‘off line’ on a file and I can’t get it back ‘on line’ please help.

Explorer | Level 3
I made a CV on Dropbox. When I tried to attach it, it wasn’t there. So I looked again on Dropbox and there it was. I saw in the left hand column ‘make off line’ so I pressed it and now I can’t reverse it back. Only I’m allowed to see it. I don’t know what to do?

Super User II

@Lizziebuff12 wrote:
I saw in the left hand column ‘make off line’ so I pressed it and now I can’t reverse it back.

This is on a mobile device? If so, that just means the file will be available on your device even when you don't have an active Internet connection. You'll be able to open the file as if you were still online. It doesn't have anything to do with the file's availability to anyone else, or the ability to attach the file in a message.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?