cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received the same verification code four times in the last two hours with 2FA

I received the same verification code four times in the last two hours with 2FA

zxzzx
Explorer | Level 3

I tried signing in to Dropbox from a Chrome Web Browser and since I have 2FA enabled, an SMS verification code was sent to my Android device. However, the same verification code was sent multiple times over a timespan of two hours. The device was switched on and off a few times in between so the cellular service was disrupted for a while. Should I be worried?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I received the same verification code four times in the last two hours with 2FA

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there,

What I would recommend firstly would be to change the password on your account. Receiving multiple SMS codes could be a sign that someone was trying to sign into your account, and they would need the correct password in order for the SMS to be sent.

Also, submitting a support ticket through our Support channel would be a good idea as we may be able to provide some more insight as to why this happened on the back end from Dropbox. 

From what you mentioned however, it could have been caused by the interruption in the cell service, resulting the SMS been sent multiple times. That said, in terms of the security of your account, I would always recommend contacting Support for more info and insight just to be on the safe side.

Let me know if you have any other questions about this - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Re: I received the same verification code four times in the last two hours with 2FA

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there,

What I would recommend firstly would be to change the password on your account. Receiving multiple SMS codes could be a sign that someone was trying to sign into your account, and they would need the correct password in order for the SMS to be sent.

Also, submitting a support ticket through our Support channel would be a good idea as we may be able to provide some more insight as to why this happened on the back end from Dropbox. 

From what you mentioned however, it could have been caused by the interruption in the cell service, resulting the SMS been sent multiple times. That said, in terms of the security of your account, I would always recommend contacting Support for more info and insight just to be on the safe side.

Let me know if you have any other questions about this - Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

zxzzx
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, 

Thank you for your response. 

I just wanted to point out that it was only one SMS code [code removed by moderator] that was sent four times. 

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey again, @zxzzx.

I just double checked from my side about this with the resources I have and from what I understand, the same code shouldn’t be “active” for such a long time. So it does seem as though the SMS text was looping for some reason.

I wouldn’t want to say for sure exactly what happened as I can’t confirm that for you. I would suggest that in the case that this happens again/regularly, to reach out to support then to see if we can find the root cause for this. 

I’m always here for any further assistance with this - have a great day!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    zxzzx Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?