Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I reinstalled the desktop app but still receive an error that I'm using an old version, any ideas?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

No matter what I do I keep getting a message that I am using the old version of dropbox.  I have used the install many times but I keep coming back to the message that I am using an old version.  HELP!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: installing new version

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @gralinda,

Can you try uninstalling the current version of the desktop app that you have before you then try to download and install the newest version from here?

If you've tried this already and/or still receive the same error, can you share a screenshot (excluding any personal info) of the error message that you're getting? 

Also, if you're able to find out the current version of the desktop app that you have installed that would give us a good idea on the situation. As well as the current OS of the computer that's having this issue.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?