cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I seem to be having a syncing issue between my computer and mobile device

I seem to be having a syncing issue between my computer and mobile device

SVR33
New member | Level 2

Hi! I downloaded dropbox to my Macbook Pro even though I already had it. The one I had didn't sync with the dropbox of my mobile. The new one syncs certain photos but not all. What should I do?? I'm lost!

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I seem to be having a syncing issue between my computer and mobile device

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me and for the screenshots, @SVR33 - they definitely give a better visual of what you're seeing. 

The camera uploads feature automatically adds photos from your mobile's Camera Roll and Screenshot folders to the Camera Uploads folder on your Dropbox account. 

If you have other photos in your Dropbox folder, outside of the Camera Uploads folder, then that would most probably mean that they're photos you manually uploaded. 

In this case, you can move photos into one folder, or find the duplicates and delete them. 

Please remmber that deleting a file from your Dropbox account will not remove it from your mobile device's storage, and vice versa. 

If you have any trouble with this, please let me know and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @SVR33, I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you!

I'll just need a bit more info so that I have a better understanding of what you're seeing. For example:

• What does the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock show when you hover over it? Can you send me a screenshot of it (without any personal info)?
  • Are you manually adding the photos or do you have camera uploads enabled?
  • Do you see the photos in the Dropbox mobile app but not on your computer, or vice versa? 

Any additional info would be very helpful. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

SVR33
New member | Level 2

Thank you Lusil!

What I don't understand is that I have Dropbox on my mobile; on my Mac there is Dropbox too but I couldn't find any of the photos. I downloaded the app again and now I have some of the photos but not all!

When I hover over the icon, this appears: 87.4.138, updated

My camera uploads is enabled.
Now I looked at my mobile and all my last pictures are doubled!!!!

This is what I see when I click on the icon: I can only see a few pics... 
Capture d’écran 2020-01-06 à 14.14.47.png

If I click on Dropbox that's on my computer this is what I see:

Capture d’écran 2020-01-06 à 14.07.38.png

Only a few pics. Now if I click on the one I downloaded, the icon, some pics are in the "camera upload" section , others elsewhere!!! It's a mess!

I would like to have ONE dropbox with all my pictures and be able to classify them into folders.

Thank a lot for your help!

SVR

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me and for the screenshots, @SVR33 - they definitely give a better visual of what you're seeing. 

The camera uploads feature automatically adds photos from your mobile's Camera Roll and Screenshot folders to the Camera Uploads folder on your Dropbox account. 

If you have other photos in your Dropbox folder, outside of the Camera Uploads folder, then that would most probably mean that they're photos you manually uploaded. 

In this case, you can move photos into one folder, or find the duplicates and delete them. 

Please remmber that deleting a file from your Dropbox account will not remove it from your mobile device's storage, and vice versa. 

If you have any trouble with this, please let me know and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

SVR33
New member | Level 2
Thanks a lot Lusil!!!
Great help!

Lusil
Dropboxer

Glad I could help, @SVR33:grin:

If anything else comes up in the future, just give us a shout. 

In the meantime, have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    SVR33 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?