cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I set up a new computer and my files aren't syncing across my other devices. Any ideas?

I set up a new computer and my files aren't syncing across my other devices. Any ideas?

acfields
New member | Level 2

i set up a new Laptop computer (Microsoft Surface Pro) and dowloaded Dropbox, as expected all of my files appeared and i continued to add to my files.

when i open Dropbox on my old computer or on my Android phone the files are still there but they have noe been updated with the new information that i added using the new computer. 

Can you assist me.

1 Reply 1

Re: I set up a new computer

Walter
Dropboxer

HI @acfields; welcome to the Dropbox Community and happy Monday!

I'll be glad to look into your syncing issue. I'll just need some additional information here.

Can you please let me know if you're logged into the same account on all of those devices and if you're running the most updated versions of our apps, both on your mobile and on your computers?

If your files have made it to our servers, meaning that you're able to see them on our website normally, then, there must be an issue with your old devices so I'd first check those. 

Let me know what you find! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?