cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I have a syncing issue. Can you help?

I think I have a syncing issue. Can you help?

ALICIAMG
Explorer | Level 3

I have been using the Dropbox Desktop app for quite a while now. Recently I reworked my files so I could share them to a different account and I have been trying to use that. But when I link my Dropbox account it only downloads everything but the main file. I've uninstalled the app, tried different settings etc. This main file shows up on browser when I sign in, so not sure why it hasn't been syncing to my desktop.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I think I have a syncing issue. Can you help?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @ALICIAMG, I'd be more than happy to help look into this together!

At first, could it be that the file you're trying to sync contains an incompatible character in its name? 

If not, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you see when you hover over the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock?

Keep me posted - thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @ALICIAMG, I'd be more than happy to help look into this together!

At first, could it be that the file you're trying to sync contains an incompatible character in its name? 

If not, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you see when you hover over the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock?

Keep me posted - thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

ALICIAMG
Explorer | Level 3

It contains letters - uppercase and lowercase, and a comma and a period. When I hover over dropbox icon it shows "Dropbox 96.4.172"

ALICIAMG
Explorer | Level 3

That actually seems to be the issue.. I took out punctuation and its showing up now! Awesome! thanks

Lusil
Dropboxer

I'm glad we were able to resolve this, @ALICIAMG:grin:

If anything else comes up, just give me a shout. In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely day ahead! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

assistanta601
New member | Level 2

Hello, 

My boss was sharing 1 folder/ 3 files with me 2 days ago and I was able to open and work on them, only to find out today that everything I did on the files were not syncing on his end. 

Can someone please help? We need asap help since this is delaying our work time. We would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. 

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @assistanta601, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

How were you editing the files? Was it via the website, the desktop app, or the mobile app?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

dshelly
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

I'm having a syncing issue. For some reason, my shared excel-folder will not present the green checkmark signaling that it is fully synced. This has happened many times and has unfortunately lost work or confused our team. Can someone please help determine the problem and fix. Thx

dropbox_sync_issue.png

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @dshelly, thanks for checking in with us. 

Have you had a look at my earlier post, here? Could you check it out and let me know if you have any trouble along the way?

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?