cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I use Dropbox and Boxcryptor. I can't read any files on my PC that are encrypted. Any help?

I use Dropbox and Boxcryptor. I can't read any files on my PC that are encrypted. Any help?

Liz P
New member | Level 2

Please help! I have Dropbox and Boxcryptor. For some reason, I can no longer read any of the files on my PC that are encrypted. I can't even figure out how to remove the encryption.

4 Replies 4

Re: Boxcrptor

Mark
Super User II

As BoxCryptor is not a Dropbox product you need to speak to them to ask how to remove encryption etc. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Boxcrptor

Liz P
New member | Level 2

I have not been able to find help from them.

Re: I use Dropbox and Boxcryptor. I can't read any files on my PC that are encrypted. Any help?

Barbielaine
Explorer | Level 3
How I havd same problem

Re: I use Dropbox and Boxcryptor. I can't read any files on my PC that are encrypted. Any help?

Rich
Super User II

@Barbielaine wrote:
How I havd same problem

As @Mark mentioned, if you're using Boxcryptor to encrypt your files, you'll need to reach out to them for support. The encryption is their product and has nothing to do with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Barbielaine Explorer | Level 3
    Liz P New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?