cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I use iTunes on my windows 10 PC. I save files to iTunes Media folder. If I want to back these files up on Dropbox, do I need them in my iTunes Media folder AND my Dropbox folder, thereby doubling my hard drive use?

I use iTunes on my windows 10 PC. I save files to iTunes Media folder. If I want to back these files up on Dropbox, do I need them in my iTunes Media folder AND my Dropbox folder, thereby doubling my hard drive use?

Robert W.41
New member | Level 1

5 Replies 5

Re: I use iTunes on my windows 10 PC. I save files to iTunes Media folder. If I want to back these files up on Dropbox, do I need them in my iTunes Media folder AND my Dropbox folder, thereby doubling my hard drive use?

Mark
Super User II

Yes. 

Or you need to move the iTunes folder to Dropbox via the preference menus within iTunes.

Please note, however, that Dropbox should NOT really be regarded as a backup solution - it isnt. Its a syncing one. It does backup as a side line. Also, moving iTunes to Dropbox can cause machines to slow down when iTunes is open.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: I use iTunes on my windows 10 PC. I save files to iTunes Media folder. If I want to back these files up on Dropbox, do I need them in my iTunes Media folder AND my Dropbox folder, thereby doubling my hard drive use?

Robert W.41
New member | Level 1

Thanks

Bob1
New member | Level 1

Hi guys, sorry to hijack this thread but can someone tell me how I start a new thread (ask my own question?) 

Cheers guys and sorry once again (terribly frustrated)

Mark
Super User II

Hi Bob, 

Theres a button at the bottom of the main page that links to Post a new discussion

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Bob1
New member | Level 1

champion !! Tx Mark, so simple once you see it 🙂

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bob1 New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Robert W.41 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?