cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I want Sheets iOS app to access my dropbox created Google sheets for editing, how?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I don’t know how I can edit Google sheets that I created in dropbox when I’m on a mobile device. Ideally they would just be a little cursor/edit button as there is on the desktop or alternatively that button would open the google Sheets app —  as is the case when you are looking to open Excel documents .

However I’m not 100%  sure if there is the functionality to edit Google sheets yet hence why am asking, else I would be trying a bit harder to try and find out how this might be done.

Any ideas?

Also while I’m here also i’ll add that I can’t add bookmark links via the mobile app as I can on the desktop which was part of the new collaboration features / for keeping in context.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I want Sheets iOS app to access my dropbox created Google sheets for editing, how?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @NickTh

Thank you for raising this interesting subject as your first Community thread! 

Currently, you can open previews of a Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides and save them for offline viewing via your Dropbox mobile app, but you can't create or edit such files from your Dropbox mobile app. 

I understand how usefull this would be and I am reporting a feature request for this. Our mobile devs are always working on making Dropbox mobile better. 

You should have the ability to see the folder overview you add (pinned links, to Do's or files) from your mobile app.  However, at the time you cannot add more from there. 

This is another feature request for our mobile developers! Thank you for letting us know how important this functionality is for your workflow. 

Keep the feedback coming. You are helping us evolve! 

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?