cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to disconnect my old computer from my Dropbox account and connect my new one

I want to disconnect my old computer from my Dropbox account and connect my new one

KE7
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

New Dropbox user here. I need to transfer my Dropbox to a new computer and delete it from the other. Can someone explain? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@VictoriaAlger wrote:

I have been trying to remove a device no longer in use so that I may add my new device. I can’t find a side tab labeled “Admin Console” and this is my own Dropbox app.

The Admin Console is a function of Business team accounts. What you're looking for instead is your Security page.

https://help.dropbox.com/security/device-list-remote-sign-out

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @KE7, thanks for posting your question today and happy Friday!

To disconnect a computer from your Dropbox account, you can either sign out of the Dropbox app or remove the computer from your connected devices, in your security page.

You can safely delete the Dropbox files from that computer, once it's disconnected.

And to access your Dropbox files from your new computer, all you have to do is download the app and sign in to your account.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

VictoriaAlger
Explorer | Level 4

Hello. I have been trying to remove a device no longer in use so that I may add my new device. I can’t find a side tab labeled “Admin Console” and this is my own Dropbox app. I use the free version since I don’t use it that often. 
Thanks 

Victoria 

Rich
Super User II

@VictoriaAlger wrote:

I have been trying to remove a device no longer in use so that I may add my new device. I can’t find a side tab labeled “Admin Console” and this is my own Dropbox app.

The Admin Console is a function of Business team accounts. What you're looking for instead is your Security page.

https://help.dropbox.com/security/device-list-remote-sign-out

VictoriaAlger
Explorer | Level 4

That was so easy.  That's for your help.  I find the help page on the app very difficult to navigate for answers!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

VictoriaAlger Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?