cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to send dropbox folders through outlook

I want to send dropbox folders through outlook

Harry A.3
New member | Level 1

5 Replies 5

Re: I want to send dropbox folders through outlook

Mark
Super User II

You can't - because you cannot send folders via email. Thats an Outlook (well email in general) restriction, not Dropbox. 

You need to either send a link to the folder via www.dropbox.com/help/167 or download it and zip it and send the zip file. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Harry A.3
New member | Level 1

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply and what about sending a link to the folder via Outlook ?

It seems very complicated and long winded to download and zip it. 

Mark
Super User II

You need to either send a link to the folder via www.dropbox.com/help/167

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rick M.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

Harry, to send a link to a dropbox folder is a trivial matter, although it may seem like a complicated workaround to you: using your browser at www.dropbox.com  click on the folder name, then click on the SHARE button. Now  you will see the link HIGHLIGHTED. Use control-C to COPY the link.  Now open your OUTLOOK email client, compose an email, and control-V to paste the link into Outlook email.

Ed
Dropboxer

Hi everyone, 

Are you still using Outlook? If so, are you interested in trying out a new Dropbox add-in we're working on for MS Outlook? You can read more about it here.

Thanks!

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ed Dropboxer
    Rick M. Experienced Collaborator | Level 13
    Mark Super User II
    Harry A.3 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?