cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I want to use selective sync on a new device. Can you help?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I want to install dropbox app on new device but I dont want all my dropbox folders automatically syncing to new device.  I want to select which folders will sync with this device.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I want to use selective sync on a new device. Can you help?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Colin T.3; welcome to our Community!

This should be easy enough to achieve through our selective sync feature. 

First, download and install our desktop app and after signing in, you'll be asked which folders you'd like to be syncing on the newly connected device.

Once you're done, let the app sync until it shows up to date and you should be good to go. 

Note that if you're on a paid plan, you can use Smart Sync instead. The only difference here is that with selective sync, the folders you don't want to sync are removed from your device completely while with Smart Sync they'd still be there, visible and taking up almost no space untill you choose to make them available locally. 

I hope this makes sense and please keep me posted on your progress Colin! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?