Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I would like to get Dropbox linked to my Mac so that It can be seen on my Finder window

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I've been trying to set up my Dropbox onto my Mac. The issue is that I have 3 Dropbox accounts and I would like to put them all into one "Dropbox" folder that houses all three. The problem is that I can see one of the dropbox folders on my finder window but not ny of the other ones. I can get into those other accounts online but I'm having difficulty getting past downloading the dropbox app. it tells me it has downloaded fine - but then I can't see the Other Dropbox folder with all my files anywhere. 

If I go to open the dropbox app through applications - it wont do anything.

If I go to open the dropbox icon on the dock below- it gives me a message saying the "Dropbox folder missing" and it says to restore by re-link or quit but Im hesitant to press re-link in case it deletes the whole folder. Can anyone pleeeeeeease help?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I would like to get Dropbox linked to my Mac so that It can be seen on my Finder window

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Sergemedina17 - how are you today?

For the time being, Dropbox Business allows a single personal and work Dropbox account to be connected. This gives you privacy and security of all your personal photos and documents, and allows your company to retain ownership of their data.

Currently this feature is only for our Dropbox Business accounts and you can find more info about Dropbox Business here:   www.dropbox.com/business

Moreover, as there isn't an option to connect more than 2 accounts on a computer and be able to sync them all at once, I will treat your comments as a feature request and I will be passing them on to our dev team for their consideration - thank you for this feeedback!

What I would do in this case is this: I'd copy or move the content of one account (most likely the one with the fewest files in it) to another account. Then, you'd be able to connect both accounts (assuming that one of them is part of a business team) by following the steps outlined in this Help Center article:  

https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/connect-personal-work-account 

More information on re-linking an account can be found here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/help/mobile/unlink-relink-computer-mobile

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any further questions. 

PS: You won't be deleting anything by relinking no worries. ( even if you do end up deleting something by accident, you'll be able to restore it via your deleted files page or even your Events page). 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?