cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS 14 has messed up file integration with Dropbox - Content Unavailable

IOS 14 has messed up file integration with Dropbox - Content Unavailable

ProHome
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Was working fine with the last ios update 13.  Upgraded to ios 14 yesterday.  The Dropbox shows up as an available option in Chrome to pull files from.  However in the display it says "Content Unavailable - The folder contents could not be displayed because of an unknown error".

I have tried turning off and on the share option in Chrome, I've tried clearing the cache on Dropbox and Chrome, I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app (both Dropbox and Chrome).  I've rebooted several times. 

I do notice it is not working with Google Drive either, says the same thing.  So I'm wondering if it is an iPad ios issue or something changed for 3rd party systems with the new ios update?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ProHome
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you for your assistance.

Figured I would give you an update.  Upgrading to ios 14.1 has fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

42 Replies 42

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @ProHome, I hope you're having a good day so far!

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, can you let me know the exact steps you're taking when you run into this issue? 

Also, please send me a screenshot of the error that you're getting.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ProHome
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have items saved in my dropbox account for testing purposes.

I can use a program called PDFExpert or Adobe Acrobat to open the file for editing.  They can both see the files/folders just fine in dropbox.

Dropbox issue 4.jpg

I edit the document in one of those PDF editors and save it back to dropbox.

Then I load Chrome to access our website and upload the document into our system.  When I click on Select Files, it shows these locations where the files are set to be accessed by the system on the left.  Dropbox and Google Drive are both options available.  If I click on either one of them, I get "Content Unavailable - The folder contents could not be displayed because of an unknown error - Try again"

dropbox issue 1.jpg

It says this when trying to access the folders/files through Chrome, and it also says it when just trying to access Files directly on the iPad through the Files app.  So I do not think it is a Chrome issue.

Since Adobe and PDFExpert can both see the folders/files, I was thinking it might not be 100% an ios 14 issue either?  Don't know if ios 14 has changed how the folder/file retrieval works?  So, just checking where I can to get it resolved/get answers.

ios: 14.0.1

Dropbox: 208.2.12

Chrome: 86.0.4240.77

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for those screenshots @ProHome!

Out of curiosity, if you navigate to the Files app and download one of the files from Dropbox locally (by tapping on the file), are you then able to see it when choosing to upload the file to the website?

Otherwise, are you only able to choose files stored locally on your device, from the On My iPad section?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ProHome
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Nothing ever shows up.  I'm not able to upload anything to it either in Files.

Now checking again, Files is not showing me anything from any of the folder areas currently??

I think ios 14.0.1 has issues.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update @ProHome.

Can you try disabling Dropbox as a location within the Files app, rebooting your device, and then re-enabling it?

You can do this from the Files app by tapping the "..." option in the top right of the left panel, and then toggling off/on the option next to Dropbox.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

ProHome
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Did not work.

I shut them off, rebooted ipad and reset them.  Still same error.

I tried this on my home ipad ios 14.0.1 and the file location for dropbox worked.  So wonder if it is JAMF being in charge of the updates on our work ipads keeping something from configuring correctly now?  Just weird that it worked fine under the last 13 ios update?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hmmm, it is strange indeed @ProHome.

Since it's just on this device, and with both Dropbox and Google Drive, I would suggest reaching out to Apple Support to see if they can shed any light on this.

I did try and replicate this on my side, but didn't receive the same error.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help with this, but please let me know if you reach out to Apple and get some further info from their side.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

ProHome
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you for your assistance.

Figured I would give you an update.  Upgrading to ios 14.1 has fixed the issue.

paultopia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This has now started happening to me as well.  I'm on ipadOS and iOS 14.1, and have been on them since the day they came out.  All of a sudden today, my ipad cannot access dropbox through the files app.  I'm getting the same "content unavailable" message.  I do notice that the dropbox app on my ipad just updated today --- is there a bug in the latest version that breaks files access?

4DBD58FB-486C-4A66-BBFD-5368D14199F0.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jmeckler New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    MrWatchlist New member | Level 2
    Krichu New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?