cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS 14 has messed up file integration with Dropbox - Content Unavailable

IOS 14 has messed up file integration with Dropbox - Content Unavailable

ProHome
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Was working fine with the last ios update 13.  Upgraded to ios 14 yesterday.  The Dropbox shows up as an available option in Chrome to pull files from.  However in the display it says "Content Unavailable - The folder contents could not be displayed because of an unknown error".

I have tried turning off and on the share option in Chrome, I've tried clearing the cache on Dropbox and Chrome, I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app (both Dropbox and Chrome).  I've rebooted several times. 

I do notice it is not working with Google Drive either, says the same thing.  So I'm wondering if it is an iPad ios issue or something changed for 3rd party systems with the new ios update?

42 Replies 42

Amxim
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hey, now the problem is extended to other folder 😓. I tried with other connection (my phone in hotspot) ma I have the same problem.

I am forced to migrate my files in other services ... 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I'm sorry to hear that @Amxim, I'd be more than happy to keep looking into this with you if you'd like to.

I'd suggest making sure that the Dropbox app and your device's OS are up to date.

If there are not pending updates for either, you can reinstall the Dropbox app to see if that makes any difference with the errors that you're seeing.

Please just bear in mind the 3 device limit if you're using a Basic account.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Amxim
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

All my devices and Sw are upgraded. Apple says It would be a sync problem between the server due to interferenze but considering I have problem to all my devices (... Apple to tell the truth ...) they think it is not an Apple problem. I will try with a third devices, android or PC...

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Keep us posted with any updates @Amxim!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

BCBA2020
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Yes, Google Drive shows the same error too!

mlaurel
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm also having this issue... unable to share from iOS to dropbox.  All my other cloud services work, dropbox fails.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @mlaurel, thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to hear about this.

Can you please clarify your device's OS version and our mobile app's version as well, and, if possible, send us a screenshot of the exact error you're seeing?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

whistlar732
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi!  I tried the toggling and reboot, no success.  I decided to delete the dropbox app and reinstall it.  Once I was able to log back in, toggle on access, BAM there were all my Dropbox files.   Thanks for allowing me to be the fly on the wall.

Krichu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, same here: content unavailable... iPadOS 14.6

MrWatchlist
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I’ve had the same problem - but iPadOS only (works fine on my iPhone). Latest revs of iOS and iPadOS. The “turn it off in Files, reset, turn it back on” did not work - but reinstalling Dropbox did.

Was very annoying - was exporting my podcast out to Dropbox, only to be unable to upload it to my host. Ditto adding attachments in Mail.

But, now, all good - so suggest you offer both suggestions… since different users are reporting that one or the other works.

Mr. Watchlist (MrWatchlist.com)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jmeckler New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    MrWatchlist New member | Level 2
    Krichu New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?