cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS 14 has messed up file integration with Dropbox - Content Unavailable

IOS 14 has messed up file integration with Dropbox - Content Unavailable

ProHome
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Was working fine with the last ios update 13.  Upgraded to ios 14 yesterday.  The Dropbox shows up as an available option in Chrome to pull files from.  However in the display it says "Content Unavailable - The folder contents could not be displayed because of an unknown error".

I have tried turning off and on the share option in Chrome, I've tried clearing the cache on Dropbox and Chrome, I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app (both Dropbox and Chrome).  I've rebooted several times. 

I do notice it is not working with Google Drive either, says the same thing.  So I'm wondering if it is an iPad ios issue or something changed for 3rd party systems with the new ios update?

42 Replies 42

jmeckler
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have the exact same issue. Just started happening to me as well! Can’t access any of my files vis the files app for Dropbox.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @jmeckler, sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried toggling Dropbox off from the Files app's locations and then back on?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

jmeckler
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Yes - I cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn’t work. I rebooted phone and it worked but it would lag after I attached a file via email. I rebooted once more and seems to be ok. I’m on latest app and iOS 14.6 on a 12 Pro.

I think this is a Files issue not Dropbox because I had same issue with other 3rd party cloud apps.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jmeckler New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    MrWatchlist New member | Level 2
    Krichu New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?