cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I delete photos from my camera folder on my phone will they stay in Dropfox Camera Uploads folder?

If I delete photos from my camera folder on my phone will they stay in Dropfox Camera Uploads folder?

Peter T.5
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to delete photos from my phone to get storage space back. If these have already been synced and in the camera uploads folder in my dropbox they would not get deleted by deleting them on my phone, correct?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

If you delete photos from your phone's camera roll, gallery, etc., they will not be deleted from from your Dropbox account. If you delete them from the Dropbox app on your phone, they WILL be deleted from Dropbox, but will stay in your phone's camera roll.

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Peter T.5
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Please note I have a Galaxy S3 (Android)

marcus p.5
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Can someone from dropbox make an official statement on this?  Frightening that this question isn't answered in the FAQs.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

If you delete photos from your phone's camera roll, gallery, etc., they will not be deleted from from your Dropbox account. If you delete them from the Dropbox app on your phone, they WILL be deleted from Dropbox, but will stay in your phone's camera roll.

Weavre C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Is this still true as of May 25, 2016? I want to delete photos from my phone, but don't want to lose my Dropbox copies! (I pay the $10/month level of extra Dropbox space, if that matters, and I have a Galaxy 7 Edge.)

Tracey h.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Can someone tell me if I delete photos and videos from gallery on s6 will they still been in my Dropbox box

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Can someone tell me if I delete photos and videos from gallery on s6 will they still been in my Dropbox box

Yes, they will.

Lukas T.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

It seems I have an exotic problem.... Taking photos and sync it automatically to dropbox works fine. But when I delete pictures it looks like they bounce back from the camera upload folder to my phones camera roll. Example:

Very often I take a number of photos and either immediately or some timelater I want to reduce them on the phone using the camera rol (clean up task during flight home from a trip).

Now, every single photo I delete from my photo roll comes back again after the next sync (I assume from my dropbox camera upload folder) and is shown again in my photo roll. In other words: Every single photo ever taken never leaves the system "photo rol - camera upload - dropbox" anymore.....

I guess it should be possible to reduce the photo gallery on the phone (using phones photo roll) and sync it accordingly then? I'm using a Samsung Note 3 with Android 5.0

Thank you for any advice on that!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Lukas, if that is happening you are not using a Dropbox official app - possibly something that has been created by Samsung? I believe it used to be called the Samsung Connector app. Not sure if that is still case.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Thomas S.79
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Somehow I have Google Photos PicsArt OneDrive My Drive Dropbox and I'm sure there's another one there somewhere they all have my photos now I can just put them all in Dropbox and get rid of them all. is this true!?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    chillaxter13 New member | Level 2
    Thomas S.79 New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Lukas T.2 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?