cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images hosted on Dropbox suddenly not working

Images hosted on Dropbox suddenly not working

Exquisite A.
New member | Level 1

As of yesterday morning, my dropbox hosted images are suddenly not retrieving. Stranger still, this is happening on most browsers/devices, but not all. For instance, images not loading on my iphone 6 safari, but loading on another iphone 6 safari I tried. Images are loading on my windows firefox but not another windows firefox I tried. All in all, images not loading on over 75% of browsers I attempted on over many devices.

6 Replies 6

Re: Images hosted on Dropbox suddenly not working

Rich
Super User II

Change the links to your images from HTTP to HTTPS.

Exquisite A.
New member | Level 1

I am using the exact same links I have used for years and they have worked 100% perfectly until Friday morning. Also, as I said, they suddenly oddly work on some browsers and not others,

Rosa S.4
Helpful | Level 5

I just started using Dropbox to host the images for my blog.  They look beautiful at first and then suddenly they disappear and there's just an image placeholder.  I'm very frustrated since this is the only reason I subscribed to a Dropbox pro account.  Is there a solution for this?  I contacted Dropbox and this was their response:

From what I gather, you want to use Dropbox for hosting your images on the web.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but it looks like this problem is unrelated to Dropbox. In this case we are unable to provide support, and I’d recommend contacting the customer support organization of the product in question for a solution.

You might also want to take a look at the Dropbox forums and see if another user can help:

Rich
Super User II

Do the links still work outside of the blog? i.e. Can you open the links directly in a browser and have the image appear? If so, Dropbox isn't the problem. If not, the link is no longer valid (moving, renaming or deleting a file, or changing any part of it's path, will cause a link to become invalid).

If possible, provide us with an example (image link and website address) for us to look at, provided there's no personal information involved and the website is suitable for general viewing.

Rosa S.4
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you.  Your question has helped me to figure out the problem.  I assumed that the images being inside the public folder made them always accessible.  But the fact that I created folders to separate the images within the public folder and moved them around 'after' the images were used has made the link different and therefore broken.  Duh!  I feel stupid, but I'm glad I figured out the problem before I spent more money on an alternate image hosting plan.

Jennifer A.14
New member | Level 1

I'm using images in my dropbox to create a project for a class I am taking on Adobe Slate. I did not make a file or put the images anywhere but inside Dropbox. This morning everything was working fine (4-20-16) but now I can't access the images inside Adobe Slate even though I have linked the two accounts? I'm using an ipad mini, both apps are residing on my device. Nothing had changed except an update yesterday to my ipad. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jennifer A.14 New member | Level 1
    Rosa S.4 Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
    Exquisite A. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?