cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the future, will it be possible to set direct comments on PDF viewing in the iPhone client?

In the future, will it be possible to set direct comments on PDF viewing in the iPhone client?

sdfgsdfg
Explorer | Level 3

In the future, will it be possible to set direct comments on PDF viewing in the iPhone client and synchronize the changes directly to the cloud?

5 Replies 5

Re: In the future, will it be possible to set direct comments on PDF viewing in the iPhone client?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @sdfgsdfg, thanks for reaching out to us on the Dropbox Community. 

Comments you add to your files from your mobile app should show up on the website as well. 

If this isn't happening, could you clarify if the comments appear only when previewing a file on the mobile app or the website? Does this happen to only .pdf files? 

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: In the future, will it be possible to set direct comments on PDF viewing in the iPhone client?

sdfgsdfg
Explorer | Level 3

1 Can't seem to comment on PDF files on my phone
2 I am talking about simple annotations in the cell phone client, including adding underline highlighting and other operations, because it should be able to achieve incremental synchronization, which will be very convenient when reading PDF. Adding a dropbox account should not achieve incremental synchronization.1.png

Lusil
Dropboxer

Is the .pdf you're trying to comment a shared file, part of a shared folder, or was sent to you via a shared link?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sdfgsdfg
Explorer | Level 3

It's a file in my own network drive, not shared

Lusil
Dropboxer

Could you check if there is an option from the ellipsis (...) button to enable comments when you access the file from the website?

Keep me posted, @sdfgsdfg!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?