cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect datetime in Excel preview mode

Incorrect datetime in Excel preview mode

Explorer | Level 3

I'm using Dropbox with a lot of Excell-sheets.

In one of those sheets, there's a function with a dependancy to now().

The weird thing is that when I preview the sheet, the date is off by a couple of days in the past, but when I open it (be it in Excel-Online or through Excell on my computer), it shows the date correct. After saving, and previoew again: back to a few day's in the past.

Preview.jpgEdit.jpg

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Incorrect datetime in Excel preview mode

Dropboxer
Hey there (@miura), thanks for this detailed description & the screenshot of what this looks like on your end! 

Kindly bear in mind that this is happening because the preview is generated at the time the file is uploaded & we’re unable to provide the use of functions/formulas when previewing files. As I understand that you're (in all likelihood) interested in this functionality, I’ve made a brief note of your thoughts & in my feedback report for further consideration. 

I hope that this answers your initial question & I’m always here in case you have any more queries! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Incorrect datetime in Excel preview mode

Dropboxer
Hey there (@miura), thanks for this detailed description & the screenshot of what this looks like on your end! 

Kindly bear in mind that this is happening because the preview is generated at the time the file is uploaded & we’re unable to provide the use of functions/formulas when previewing files. As I understand that you're (in all likelihood) interested in this functionality, I’ve made a brief note of your thoughts & in my feedback report for further consideration. 

I hope that this answers your initial question & I’m always here in case you have any more queries! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?