cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect machine detection

Incorrect machine detection

johnkuz
Explorer | Level 3

I have three machines that I have been using drop box on. A 16 inch macbook pro, a 13 inch mac book pro and my iphone.  Recently, within the last few months I constantly get the pop up that I have to unlink one of my machines.  From the best I can tell it is counting my 16 macbook pro twice.  Once when contected to internet and a second time when it is connected through a company vpn.  Is there any way to 'convince' drop box it is one machine?

dropbox.jpg

1 Reply 1

Re: Incorrect machine detection

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @johnkuz,

Yes, seems that's a old issue. I had multiple (more than 2) "instances" in the same list of same machine. Reasons could be different - starting from Dropbox application bug to unintended reinstall, without unlink before (so Dropbox thinks previous connection is alive still). Clearance could be done as unlink the particular device (in your case - MacBook Pro), which will remove one of the entries, and before link it back, remove the other entry. Finally, after link the device back, a single/unique entry will be there.

Hope this helps.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?