Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Indexing went from 40,000 to 50,000 to 103,000 ???

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I recently put a bunch of files into my Dropbox folder, then the sync time went up to 2 days. So I decided to back that up to an external hard drive instead and delete it from dropbox (via web AND locally), and now the index file number jumped form 40,000 to 50,000 and now it's at 103,000. Meanwhile, I'm not able to download the files I need to work on via dropbox immediately... and it says it's gonna be 2+ days. I let it run overnight, and it didn't make ANY headway at all.

Very frustrated, because now my ability to work is stalled for the time being while it waits for thousands of files to realize they've been deleted?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Indexing went from 40,000 to 50,000 to 103,000 ???

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @guerrilladigita; welcome to our Community and happy Monday!

To begin with, it sounds like the desktop app is trying to sync the changes you applied and, in order to investigate further, I'll need a screenshot of the exact status of the desktop app as shown within your computer's system tray/menu bar.

While at it, could you change your bandwidth settings through the app's preferences to see if it makes any difference? 

Keep me posted on your findings and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?