cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Install Dropbox in alternate drive on Windows

Install Dropbox in alternate drive on Windows

warronfrench
New member | Level 2

Is there a way to install Dropbox, on a Windows machine, onto a drive letter other than C:\?

I am running out of disk space on C:\; however, I have tons of space on my D:\ drive (more than 30 GB) and E:\ drive (more than 310 GB).

I haven't found any recent articles and am concerned that Dropbox has gotten short-sighted with the flexibility of where to install the application or have a user's data stored and synced.

The application doesn't seem to be stable on my system, but my system does appear to be stable.  By this I mean the dropbox icon in the system tray will not remain visible, accessible into Preferences and so on.

Please help, I need to get my data back.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

The application itself, which is generally small, will always install to your C: drive on Windows, but you can specify another location for the Dropbox folder that contains your data.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

The application itself, which is generally small, will always install to your C: drive on Windows, but you can specify another location for the Dropbox folder that contains your data.

View solution in original post

warronfrench
New member | Level 2

Thanks Rich, that does work.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?