cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Dropbox in alternate drive on Windows

Install Dropbox in alternate drive on Windows

New member | Level 2

Is there a way to install Dropbox, on a Windows machine, onto a drive letter other than C:confused face:?

I am running out of disk space on C:confused face:; however, I have tons of space on my :anguished face:\ drive (more than 30 GB) and E:confused face: drive (more than 310 GB).

I haven't found any recent articles and am concerned that Dropbox has gotten short-sighted with the flexibility of where to install the application or have a user's data stored and synced.

The application doesn't seem to be stable on my system, but my system does appear to be stable.  By this I mean the dropbox icon in the system tray will not remain visible, accessible into Preferences and so on.

Please help, I need to get my data back.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Install Dropbox in alternate drive on Windows

Super User II

The application itself, which is generally small, will always install to your C: drive on Windows, but you can specify another location for the Dropbox folder that contains your data.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Super User II

The application itself, which is generally small, will always install to your C: drive on Windows, but you can specify another location for the Dropbox folder that contains your data.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Thanks Rich, that does work.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?