cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install both Dropbox and Box on Computer

Install both Dropbox and Box on Computer

Rinconman
Helpful | Level 5

I have D for B and have an account to my son and he has been using for several years.  He is going to college and they use Box.com.

Can I install both Dropbox and Box Desktop clients at the same time on a windows 10 computer?  Will there be any issues with overlay icons or anything else?

1 Reply 1

Re: Install both Dropbox and Box on Computer

Rich
Super User II

@Rinconman wrote:

Can I install both Dropbox and Box Desktop clients at the same time on a windows 10 computer?  Will there be any issues with overlay icons or anything else?

As long as you keep the folder from one service out of the folder from the other server, you should be fine.

Overlay icons will most definitely be an issue, at least on Windows. Microsoft only allows a certain number of them to be registered, and Dropbox uses many of those slots. Whichever application is installed last will likely overwrite some or all of the overlay entries from the previous application, and you'll probably see them overwritten as each application is upgraded though normal use. There's nothing Dropbox can do about that as it's a Microsoft limitation.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?