cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Dropbox Password install on a Pixel 5

Installing Dropbox Password install on a Pixel 5

Explorer | Level 3

I recently purchased a Pixel 5 phone and I've made attempts to install Dropbox Passwords and I continue getting an error.  I still have Dropbox Passwords installed on my Pixel 3XL and I was wondering if that could be the issue.  Should I uninstall Dropbox Passwords on the Pixel 3XL or is Dropbox Passwords not yet compatible with the Pixel 5?

16 Replies 16

Re: Installing Dropbox Password install on a Pixel 5

Dropboxer

Hey @bongus; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox Passwords!

If your device runs on a supported environment, you should be able to install it on your new device.

Can you please let me know your device's OS version and, if possible, send us a screenshot of the exact error message you get?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

I am running Android version 11.  My phone is stating that the app is not allowing me to take a screen shot.  I'm still having the same issue.  I've tried using my recovery words and I get the following error message:  "Oops!  An error has occured, please try again later."

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @bongus.

May I use the email address that's associated with your Community's profile to reach out so we can investigate further? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hello Walter,

Absolutely!  It would be great if it could be figured out.  Thanks in advance.

Dropboxer

I totally understand @bongus; you've got  

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Dropboxer

Hi @bongus ,

I'm so sorry that you're experiencing this issue.  I'm one of the engineers working on Passwords and I'm attempting to narrow down the problem. 

Could you also provide the version of Passwords that you are currently running on your Pixel 3XL and Pixel 5?  

As a workaround, you can can enroll your Pixel 5 using your Recovery Words.

Thank you so much!

Explorer | Level 3

Hello Margaret,

I'm running version 226.0.14 on the Pixel 5.  I already uninstalled the Passwords app on my Pixel 3XL.  Also, I tried using the Recovery Words and I am getting the same error message.  

Dropboxer

Thank you for the details @bongus !  

I've reviewing the logs and will keep you posted.  My responses may be delayed over the next two weeks.

Explorer | Level 3

Hello Margaret,

I wanted to provide an update.  Today, I went ahead and signed off Dropbox Passwords on one of my devices which was working fine.  When I went to sign back on using my recovery words, I received the error message that "at least 1 of the 12 recovery words" was not correct.  I verified the 12 words that I have saved were correct and entered them again...I got the error message again.  Now, I can't get back on to one of my devices which was working fine before.  I still have 2 devices which are functional and I'm considering backing up all my password entries and resetting the whole thing.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?