cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Dropbox backup features can interfere with Onedrive

Installing Dropbox backup features can interfere with Onedrive

ridgerunner
Explorer | Level 3

Just a caution for those who use Onedrive: if you activate Dropbox backup features and include your Documents folder, and that folder contains your Onedrive folders, you will inactivate Onedrive sync and you will have to set up Onedrive again and re-sync everything. The reason is that Dropbox relocates the Documents folder, thus Onedrive can no longer find its folder. At least that's what happened to me, and I'm facing a lengthy re-sync process. I have to use Onedrive for business.

1 Reply 1

Re: Installing Dropbox backup features can interfere with Onedrive

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi @ridgerunner, I hope you're doing well today!

Thanks for sharing your experience with the backup feature here, I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble with the conflict between the apps.

It's mentioned briefly in the article for the backup feature here that if there are any other services backing up those same folders that they should be disabled before enabling the backup in Dropbox.

I'm sure that the info you've shared here will be helpful for others, but do let me know if you have any questions about this feature.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?